Masterchef at Home!
A couple of customers from Bendigo dreamed up this fun night, by recreating Masterchef at home.
They’ve shared the guidelines below. Sounds like a fun night. Here’s a description of the night in Harry’s words.
We started at about 7:30pm and wrapped it all up at about 11:30!We had four delicious dishes in the end (M & F were very clever and threw two dishes together!) and we had loads of fun.We even ended with a clean kitchen!Each couple supplied 6 items in their mystery box and we could use all or some of the items along with any pantry items necessary to complete the dish. We did not set a time limit but just tried to work as quickly as we could and clean up to allow the next couple to begin. Mystery Box No.1 (supplied by Laura & Harry) Prawns Tomatoes Coriander Fetta Limes Wonton Wrappers
Meg and Fraser created prawn dumplings in a broth & fresh pasta with tomato & fetta.
Mystery Box No.2 (supplied by Brenda & Alastair) Pork Fillet Vermicelli Noodles Rice Paper sheets Coriander Mushrooms – enoki & Swiss brown Snow peas
Laura & Harry created a savoury pancake with seared pork fillet, mushrooms in butter with a vermicellin noodle salad.
Mystery Box No.3 (supplied by Meg & Fraser) Cream Dark chocolate Vanilla beans Butter Pears Eggs
Brenda & Alastair created a rich chocolate mousse, with sautéed pears and vanilla bean cream.
We thoroughly recommend this way to have a dinner party!
Hope we have inspired you to have a go too!
Love Harry & Laura xo
Guidelines for Mystery Box Dinner Party
Two entrees and a dessert
· Please bring no more than six food items to make up your mystery box. (these items need to feed six people as part of a three course meal).
· All the items in the mystery box do NOT need to be used in order to prepare a dish.
· We will provide pantry items. (flour, butter, oil etc)
· You will have a time limit to prepare, cook and plate up your meal.
· You need to allow time to return the kitchen to a reasonable state ready for the next couple.
· You can bring your own cook books if you feel that will help or use ours.
· The box could contain the major ingredients that you know as a dish ( you could be very surprised what is presented to you.)
· If you have a favourite knife of fry pan feel free to bring it but you are more than welcome to use ours.